Monday, November 12, 2012

Rewards, Part Two

The most popular reward tier of the Kickstarter campaign I held a couple months ago was the "Still Life League" in which donors will receive a 6 x 6 inch drawing in graphite on bristol paper of an inanimate object of their request.  I posted the first batch in the previous post, and here are the rest: 

This request was for a 1963 Impala or a baseball, "Pick whichever is more fun!"

Here the pledge donor asked for "a pillow with an impression where someone's head was"

A "Bowl of Ramen" was the most difficult for some reason

Some people were elusive with their titles, and since I was anxious to move on to another project, I decided to draw what they wrote.  This is, "Can I Send You Something?"

And, of course, this is "I'm Thinking On That. . . "

Other patrons were more straight forward and yet presented a different sort of challenge.  How could I draw a "Piano"?

Or, in this case, "Something Transparent/Translucent, With Emphasis On Shadow And Light" had to be broken into two panels. 


But the most difficult of them all, and consequently one of my favorites is "Something You Feel Somehow Represents Our Family"

I'd love to have the time and energy to discuss these in more detail, but in two hours it will be the seventh Monday in row that I've hosted the AnyOne CanDraw sessions in my studio and I need to prepare the space.

However, I do want to quickly say that I couldn't have imagined how fun these sessions would have become and it is all possible because of the financial help from so many wonderful people. 

Thanks.

1 comment:

Dude Behind The Record Counter said...

...amazin' job Steve! your talent is endless.